I was punk, now I'm just stupid

Saturday 9 March 2013

(my inspiration for the week...I really want a little 60s/70s collared mini dress, I might try and make one...source: pollymagoovintage, via clairebouchgay)
 
So I went thrifting today...
I'm supposed to be saving up for the holidays but I couldn't help nipping back down to church street (my new fave place in london) and having a little spend-up in their gorgeous little shops! I went back to the record shop I found last weekend, and popped into a couple of other little vintage boutiques on the way, whilst also managing to pick up some flowers for mother's day tomorrow. In my eyes, a shopping success.
(this is my new favourite shop (it's called 'Lucky Seven'..the shop Dirty Blonde next door is pretty rad too)...three rooms filled with all kinds of records, cds, books, dvds, videos, magazines and comics...all at amazing prices (50p records!) I literally want to live there. Or have my own record shop. I can't decide.)
 
(have my face...I really can't pose for pictures)
 
(today's buys...a black lace shirt (which you'll see in an outfit post soon), Joan Jett book, the doors 'strange days' cd, pixies cd, donnie darko dvd (£1!) two David Bowie records, Abba singles, Rolling stones, the police, Paul McCartney & Wings...God I just love a record shop. I also got the Elvis record collection for £2.50 which has 50 of his singles on it)
 
(aren't these just the cutest things in the entire world?! They are little wooden badges I got from a flea market last summer)
 
Anyway, I will post more outfit photos soon I promise!
 
ellie xo


14 comments:

  1. thankyou! I know I love it here - it's better in the summer though, less rain and more cute markets!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are some amazing finds! I love 60's style dresses too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Blythe, and yes I'm starting to get a little obsessed... :') x

      Delete
  3. Ahhh that sounds so great! I love record stores...also, those badges are really cute! <3

    -Kalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they are so lovely...I'm so worried they'll start to die out if people stop buying records! and thankyou :) x

      Delete
  4. man, you were lucky with that selection of records. whenever I go to a record store all I seem to find is Michael Jackson (Not that I don't love him, RIP).

    R.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, gotta credit my dad for finding the David bowie ones...it's usually impossible to find a couple you have even heard of, so you can imagine how excited I was when I found the elvis collection!xx

      Delete
  5. Great finds! Great blog, so I'm a new follower =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have great taste in music :)

    I would give anything to visit that little street, we have almost no thrift shops where I live. It's so sad.

    Anyway, I just found your blog, I love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my lord, those badges! *.* And I wish there was a store like
    Lucky Seven where I lived :( Love your blog and your style,
    you're beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Amélie! I've literally just discovered your blog and I am completely in love with your style too!<3 xxx

      Delete
  8. the title is just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡