How I sighed when they asked if I knew his name

Thursday 26 December 2013


Happy boxing day! I hope you are all having a good Christmas! I am writing this from the past as I scheduled this post (I wrote it on Christmas eve) so that this blog would have something up before the weekend, as I'm staying at my aunts over Christmas and so won't have my laptop with me. Today we were going to try and go to Winter Wonderland again, but as before the weather kept us at home. Instead I dressed in a predominantly orange outfit and went around to the Broadway to get some last minute shopping. It was incredibly busy, but so lovely as for some reason Christmas cheer has really spread to everyone up here, and everyone was really talkative and merry for once. It's quite unusual for people in London to do anything other than mind their own business and look out for themselves, so to end up having a nice chat and be wished a merry Christmas by more than one stranger was a slightly surreal but really pleasant experience. I wish people were as nice to each other every day as they have been to me today.
































I wore my skirt from Oxford, shirt from Absolute Vintage in Brick Lane and cardigan from Spitalfields.  After shopping, I had a nice lunch and had time to journal, read my gorgeous Bowie: Album by Album book (pictured above), and finish off another two pages of my sketchbook. I'm determined to keep on top of my art work from now on, and so far have actually been doing quite well.

































Everything was orange today, which was weird but very aesthetically pleasing. In other news, I watched Rear Window (Alfred Hitchcock) yesterday and absolutely loved it...despite being simple and quite comical at times, it kept you on the edge of your seat and said a lot about gender roles and breaking stereotypes. I also started to read Fight Club, which is fast-paced and very good so far...looking forward to watching the film afterwards!
Hope you are all well (and enjoying all of the Christmas dinner leftovers!)

ellie xo

23 comments:

  1. Ah I love it when everything is subconsciously coordinated - you look so put together without even trying haha! Love that shirt! And you are so right about people in London - it's crazy how different an atmosphere can be at Christmas. xo

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely,hope you had a merry Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your outfit. So many patterns! So gorg. Fight Club is fantastic, it's one of my favorite books and movies! I hope you enjoy it. Chuck Palahniuk is a great writer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your day sounds wonderful. I too wish that people were so kind to each other more often. Orange days are the best days as everything feels very Wes Anderson-y. It's a shame you had to cancel going to Winter Wonderland again :( the weather is so terrible where I live that the high street is practically underwater and my town's been on the local news because of it! So much for a white Christmas :((

    http://prettypassionsfinefashions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh god poor you! I'm just hoping January dries up a little hehe!

      Delete
  5. your book collection is out of this world girrrl <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so in love with your blog and fashion sense adore it you inspire me! Hope you have a happy new year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are my absolute favourite blogger!! you're so lovely and genuine, and your style is amazing, hope you had a really nice christmas! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou so so much! you are so lovely...hope you had a lovely christmas too! <3

      Delete
  8. you have such a good eye for color and textiles, im so jealous. i give you mad props for mixing more than 2 patterns.
    --- http://the-profashionalist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely outfit, and i like how you matched it to the book cover. fight club's a great book- i didn't like it at first because it felt like it romanticised hyper-masculinity but the end message is that getting in touch with community and women is wholly beneficial for a man like the main character :) have a good 2014!
    http://dollygosh.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡