London Fashion Week Day 3

Sunday 14 September 2014



I can't quite believe the weekend is over - fashion week goes by so quickly. Today was a nice bit of respite for me after how busy Friday and Saturday were, which was nice as I still have college this week and so need to catch up on my sleep! I only had one show to go to, which was Topshop Unique at 2.30pm, giving me the morning at home to get myself together a bit, cram in some art homework and spend a little longer getting dressed. My outfits so far have been, well, unusual to say the least, but today's was definitely my craziest (and probably one of my favourites). I love clashing patterns, and when I tried this combination on in Beyond Retro I knew it was a winner. I think I've become desensitised to patterns or something - I literally don't see 'clashes' anymore, I just see colours that (in my head) work together, and so end up creating these incredibly whimsical ensembles that are probably quite uncomfortable to look at. At least I'm easy to spot. The fruit pattern on the dress became a bit of a motif, and we had a lot of fun in Hirst Antiques trying to find 'fruity' earrings and brooches to match (which of course we did, as Hirst has pretty much everything you could ever ask for!)





I wore a shirt, dress, belt and bag from Beyond Retro, with shoes from Office and earrings and brooch from Hirst Antiques. I felt very comfortable back in my favourite colour orange, and once again opted for my comfy shoes (I have yet to master wearing normal heels - I can barely walk in these and they're not even high!) The hair was a bit of an accident - as usual, it was all over the place after I washed it this morning, and continued to misbehave even after I tried putting it up in a topknot. 







So, after a nice morning at home I headed down to Kings Cross for the Topshop Unique show. I knew it was one of the most anticipated shows of the weekend, and so hadn't really expected to get tickets - until mine arrived through the post on Friday morning! I couldn't contain my excitement, especially as while we waited outside more and more photographers arrived, then car after car carrying the numerous A-Listers on their way to the front row. We were given free coconut water and dried fruit in the queue, and were soon in. I had a standing ticket, but managed to get a spot so I was standing directly behind the last row, meaning I had an uninterrupted view of the catwalk (which is lucky as I am tiny!). I was just standing there, as you do, when just in front of me a familiar bob caught my eye - the absolutely immaculate and unmistakable haircut of Anna Wintour herself, sitting straight in front of me. I think my heart may have stopped for a moment, as to be in the same room as such an influential woman was absolutely amazing. I then realised she was sitting next to Sir Philip Green, with Alexa Chung not far away and Susie Bubble opposite. I felt very much like a fish out of water but can't thank Topshop and their wonderful PR enough for giving me the opportunity to be there as well!



Cara Delevingne started off the show, which began with a very sporty, block colour vibe that will be perfect in the spring. It made me think of tennis matches and high-school sports teams, with a modern twist and heels to give it that luxe edge. The colour scheme gave it an almost nautical feel, really provoking a sort of international, holiday-like image. It felt young and innocent, like cheerleaders and girls on a netball team, with simple A-line shapes and retro styles that will really be a big thing next year. (catwalk images from Vogue.com)












The collection then phased into a very smart, 60's esque section, with different coloured leathers and of course a perfect tan coat, before showcasing a number of beautiful frilled dresses and sheer numbers, embellished with diamonds and sparkles that glittered amazingly under the lights. It definitely seemed that less is going to be more in 2015...I wonder if Rihanna's Swarovski dress had anything to do with that?



Topshop Sports


With inspiration drawn from the British seaside, notable trends seemed to be sporty, block colour, clashing leathers, yellow and red, all with a very slight vintage twist. Everything looked ready to wear straight away, and I'm sure will be dictating a lot of the designs on sale next year.
Tomorrow I have one show in the morning before college, so I will be back with another update then but you can follow my twitter or instagram for updates during the day!


5 comments:

  1. Another lovely outfit Ellie! All the jewels you're wearing ties in with the vintage nicely :) Topshop Unique looked amazing too <3

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That show looked incredible, such pretty colors xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Topshop Unique show looks fantastic! I love the sequinned dresses :D
    Also I really like your outfit here, so many lovely colours and love your accessories :D

    www.violetdaffodils.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you look awesome! There is something so bloody unique about your outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is possibly my favourite outfit of yours, ever :) lovely and original as always xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡