But I don't want to wait

Friday 17 April 2015


For some bizarre reason, the last week or so has decided to be unusually sunny and warm for London, meaning for the first time in months I have been able to leave the house without a huge coat on. I've even braved bare legs a few times, which although it isn't that warm yet, felt surprisingly summery for April.
Anyway, I was sent some really cute summery pieces from the lovely Alice's Pig to style, and so have been able to dip my toes back into summer dressing again. It's so weird not having to wear a thousand layers / take extra jumpers with you everywhere. I'm not used to it yet. I love it though - as much as I thought I was a winter girl, summer just makes me so happy - what beats long, bright evenings and warm sun that brings out your freckles?!





I wore the Chaplin's Chap Top, with the Little Greenie Shorts, my Asos shoes and Rokit bag. I decided to throw on a hawaiian-print shirt on top as well, as I do love a bit of pattern clashing and felt if I was going to wear bright green I may as well go for a bright shirt to match/clash as well. The top was so comfortable - a perfect long-crop fit, with soft and light material that would be perfect for hot summer days. The shorts are also amazing - perfect height on the waist, and that perfect length that is short and feminine without being uncomfortably revealing or too short. Also the colour is great - I wouldn't usually go for such a bright green, but I have definitely been converted. Summer festival shorts sorted.





Alice's Pig have some amazing pieces on their site, I really recommend you check them out! Sorry for the short post, I will have longer to write this weekend (once I am not waist-deep in art work for my exam next week!)
Have a lovely weekend!

27 comments:

  1. The clashing prints of your Hawaiian shirt and crop top are lovely together and your shorts are beautiful too! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. this outfit is so different from you, both in colour and clashing patterns but I really really like it! <3
    gorgeous as always Ellie :)

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! yeah it was really different but I quite like trying new styles! Thank you <3 <3

      Delete
  3. You are the queen of styling patterns! Ugh I wish I was brave enough/had a good eye for creating an outfit like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very different from your usual style but still very, very you. I can't say I'm a big fan of green but this particular shade goes really, really well with your skin and hair. You should try it out more often. It makes me wanna copy+paste you into Coachella.

    GLITTER DAIQUIRI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! and omg please do, it looks like so much fun there! xx

      Delete
  5. All hail the queen of print clashing [bows down], dude, you make me love the idea of print clashing! I was always so scared I'd look like some sort of oompa loompa (who aren't even that bad I must add) if I print clashed, but you pull it off so effortlessly, that I'd be crazy not to try! The hawaiian shirt and shorts are perfect together and your crop top is so nice! The green also suits you crazy well! x

    http://vogueescapade.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww Ellie, I feel that this pattern, and color combination is so uniquely, you. in a very awesome way. I am not sure if that whole sentence made sense. Anyways, I think it is very cute. :)

    xoxo
    smudged-fingerprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh this outfit is amazing! I specially love those shorts and all these colours mixed!

    xx
    inés

    www.riotsandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. stellar outfiTTT!!!
    bella x
    http://sincerelyisabella.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am forever jealous of how cool you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! haha I am really not irl dw xx

      Delete
  10. you rock clashing prints like no one else can xx

    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those shorts are just such a lovely colour. And the Hawaiian shirt is a really inspired choice; would never have thought that would work, but looks great. I hope your exams are going well :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a lovely post to read, as always! Gorgeous photos and outfit! xx

    www.monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg that shirt is so rad!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the clashing with the Hawaiian top on the striped top over bright shorts! I may well recreate that myself... Also the shorts are such a gorgeous colour and design - will look around for similar styles in high street stores. Love your blog!

    happycognizance.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was an amazing experience to visit this website and read the articles and contents.

    Embroidery CT, custom t-shirt printing & screen printing company

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡