words get lost in the morning heat

Monday 16 May 2016


Hello!
Ah, this post is very overdue. I am aware. I wrote the entire thing, links and all, sometime last week but managed to delete it by accident...the sheer anger at losing all the time I had spent had rendered me unable to bring myself to write it again for a while, but I'm facing it now as I am really excited about this post and have things I really want to talk about!
Anyway, a few weeks ago I was fortunate enough to be invited down to Tatty Devine's Shoreditch studio to have a go at making my own personalised name necklace, one of their most famous designs. Tatty Devine is one of my favourite jewellery brands as they are so unique and have such a clear style (they mostly work with colourful perspex!) and yet manage to come up with so many interesting and innovational designs and concepts. There really is something for everyone when it comes to their products and so I couldn't wait to find out more about their process.





To begin making my necklace, I had a peek at the examples in-store and fell in love with the glitter perspex, which I chose instantly when presented with all of the colour options. There are so many to choose from, so it wasn't the easiest decision but I chose silver to match the silver pattern on the hot pink jumper I was wearing. Then, using the online generator, we tested out my name in different fonts. There are a few options but I quickly settles on "Sundae"...I loved the rounded letters. It is really great seeing what it will look like beforehand though as you can double check you like the look and can read your name clearly in each font.





After I had chosen my font we laser-cut the design out of silver perspex, and I chose a pearly lightning bolt charm to attach. I liked having a different perspex to the silver glitter and loved the way they both stood out so much from my jumper.








The store itself is so beautiful - working in a jewellery shop myself, seeing every shelf and surface covered in a collage of crazy creative pieces was pretty much what I imagine heaven to be like. Huge perspex pieces hang in the windows, and the radio plays upbeat songs whilst you browse each collection.







As is no surprise, I wore the necklace immediately...I loved the way it looked on my jumper and have since found it very difficult to not wear! I went for a springtime 80s sort of vibe with acid dungarees and hot pink jumper from Margate, pale pink fishnet tights underneath, sparkly socks and Monki shoes.
I had a fantastic time at Tatty Devine and really recommend you check them out for both amazing jewellery and great inspiration! Thank you to everyone at Tatty!

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely adore this outfit!

    Love,
    Dominique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suuuper cute outfit, that pink jumper is such an amazing piece! <3
    Maeve // Thrift O'Clock

    ReplyDelete
  3. the store literally looks like heaven, and I love the jumper and dungaree combo Ellie! You make everything look so chic. Love your necklace design btw <3

    secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. your outfit is stunning as always and this little shop looks so amazing and quirky <£ your posts are always such a pleasure to read x

    http://monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, that necklace is so cute! Wish I could get a little personalized one like yours! Amazing pictures as always :)
    xx Alyssa
    visionsofnyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like Tatty Devine's stuff! And those pale pink fish nets are really pretty - I love how they're coming back in style, being used in subtle but effective ways! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always look forward to your posts! This necklace is lovely :)


    www.miriamwoodburnblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡