I've got a head full of ideas that are driving me insane

Wednesday 12 March 2014


 I don't think I can really start this post any other way than by coming straight out with it: I am officially the clumsiest person alive. Well, I'm not really even clumsy - I don't drop things that often, or walk into (that many) doors or anything, but for some reason every possible kind of social mishap or cringey fall or trip that could possibly happen in one day always finds a way of happening to me. It's never bothered me too much - despite pushing my fairly quiet nature into the limelight a little too often, I've never really done anything that was that bad...until this Monday.
Two of the art classes at school were going on a trip to the Tate modern to see the Richard Hamilton exhibition (which is incredible, by the way). This, of course, requires the use of public transport...in this case, the underground. I am often found wandering around the northern line, and so am no stranger to the tube...but of course that didn't help whatsoever when, while jumping onto a leaving train and being in deep discussion with my friend, the door decided to close on us both. Contrary to popular belief, tube doors do not bounce back open when they close on something, so my friend and I were stuck being compressed by this door...until my friend managed to slip out back onto the platform, leaving me just enough room to pull myself out and the doors to slam shut...on my foot. My very cute and yet not all that practical mary-jane doc marten was completely stuck in the door, and I lost balance and ended up flat on my back in the middle of Tottenham Court Road station, with my two friends pulling my foot out of the train door - just in time before it sped off without us.
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't hurt (minus the few small door-shaped bruises on my legs) and as soon as I realised what the hell had just happened fell about laughing. But seriously, how can something so completely ridiculous like that just happen, out of the blue?! All I can say is, I must have been a real bad person in a past life or something. That or karma is just out to get me.





On a much less stressful note, I spent Saturday morning out and about, nosing in the nearby record store and getting overly excited about a set of plates that I found for £6 that I've decided I want for my future house/flat. It was a surprisingly mild day, but of course I still felt it was necessary to wear my big fur coat from Oxford. I absolutely adore it, but am still at the stage of being a little too over-protective and scared of damaging it to wear it that often. I wore it with a leather skirt from Rokit, shirt from Blitz, T-shirt from Beyond Retro ,tights from H&M, socks from Topshop and shoes from Brighton. I've been wearing a lot of colour recently, and so it was quite nice to go for a more toned-down look.
























My jewellery is all from Hirst Antiques. I very rarely wear silver, but felt like gold would clash a little too much with my basically monochrome outfit. I love antique silver, though - there's something so effortlessly classy about it, and even if you only wear a little bit of it, you still feel like someone from the 1920s.

























I went for a lovely breakfast out in Sable d'Or, where I had the best granola, fruit and greek yoghurt. I totally recommend them for a good breakfast or brunch, and their full-english looked incredible. I need to go back just so I can try more things on the menu!
I hope you are all having a good week - I'm off to a Beyond Retro and Company Magazine event tomorrow, and so should be back with a post shortly!

ellie xo

18 comments:

  1. I get excited when I find pretty plates toooo, my friends find it odd seeing as I still live at home haha! That story in the tube station sounds so funny, but kinda scary, shame about the shoe getting squashed!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha well it proves doc martens are sturdy! it's still alive thank God!! xx

      Delete
  2. I really love the tights!

    http://www.sarahprowse.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this outfit! that shirts is the bomb and i'm so in awe of your tights, like always. xxox

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look super sophisticated here

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So that coat is absolutely to die for. The whole outfit is amazing, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're such a little beauty and your photos just keep getting better. I especially love the shot of your rings. <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou so much! I hope they do...I'm trying to improve from my old tripod ones hehe! thanks again x

      Delete
  7. oh my god your train story is simultaneously funny and alarming! these photos make me want to live in the uk, i love reading your blog :~))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was both!! I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry (I laughed). and thank you so much! <3

      Delete
  8. Gosh! i love vintage and your rings is perfect!
    what a nice blog! wanna follow each other dear? :))

    http://choccopost.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've definitely had my share of embarrassing flubs, like yesterday when my little sister told me a joke, I laughed, and happened to be looking in the direction of someone with a bottle on their head...who had had ice fall on them, and was using it as a cold compress. I got yelled at for laughing at an injured person...who i actually wasn't laughing at! Oh the dangers of riding a train :P Btw I especially like picture #12...so pretty!
    http://criticallycouture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my god that sounds horrible! you poor thing!
      and thank you :)

      Delete
  10. You're so beautiful, you remind me of a doll :3 love your outfit, do you take your own photos?

    daisychainsforever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou so much! and no...not going to lie, I get my dad to take them for me! :)

      Delete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡