watch out the world's behind you

Sunday 15 June 2014

Hello! So I have finally finished exams and am now 100% officially free for the summer. I can't quite get it into my head that I don't have to work any more - it's almost daunting having so much free time, as I'm so worried that I'm going to waste it!
I've been pretty good and busy so far. I had my last exam on Friday and so after spending the majority of the afternoon celebrating with friends I headed off to Camden for an event, but ended up just trailing around the half-shut market. There's something so exciting about being somewhere that is usually busy when there is not many people around. The next day was similarly eventful, and after a super cute lunch out in a 40's fish and chip bar I got to wander around Shoreditch with my cousins, before spending the evening watching Absolutely Fabulous (which is my current obsession - not a day goes by where I don't watch at least one episode). Then, finally, today I had the coolest of days shooting with the amazing Ailera Stone in the Natural History Museum and around Covent Garden (but more on that later).




I wore my shirt from Blitz, shorts from Rokit, socks from Topshop, shoes from Clothes Show, sunglasses from Beyond Retro and jewellery from either my Mum, Brighton and Camden Passage. Although I love the hot weather, I find dressing for sunny days really difficult as I get hot way too easily, and so can't afford to wear all of my usual layers. I will probably live in outfits like this one over the next few weeks - but then again that could also be as I can finally wear my shorts again (for some reason unknown to man shorts are deemed inappropriate for school, even when it's over 25'C outside).





I am so excited for the Company Awards this Wednesday - it's definitely going to be a very surreal experience. I highly doubt I'll win up against so many amazing people, but I'm still really looking forward to meeting so many other bloggers. All I can say is either way, I will definitely have a very long post from the day to share with you.





 I will be back soon with a much more interesting post I promise! I also will hopefully have the pictures from today's shoot with Ailera (she is absolutely amazing and I can't wait to see what they turn out like!)
Hope you are all having a good start to summer!


17 comments:

  1. This outfit is so rad. Wish I was done exams, looks like you're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! and don't worry it's so worth the wait!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a really nice day! I haven't been there for far too long.
    Also looove the Velvet Underground- that song is my life.
    Your outfit is perfect! I love the shirt.
    Well done for finishing your exams! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! and I know, I literally listen to it every sunday at the moment!

      Delete
  3. congrats on finishing exams- it must be the greatest feeling! i really love your outfit (especially the sunglasses and the manshorts). your weekend seems like it was a lot of fun and i'm really excited for the photos with ailera (particularly after seeing all of the amazing work on her site)

    //kanyinsola
    velveteenstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit! Congrats on your vacation time. Abfab is one of the best shows ever. A few summers ago all i did was watch it... you kinda look like the daughter lol. In a good way of course her character was pretty cool. :)

    Styleriottt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is! and omg yes thankyou I love saffy! xx

      Delete
  5. <3

    Question: um, what sort of eyeliner do you use? IT always looks amazing! Does it stay well?

    http://happydayscalilife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! I use any cheap felt pen liner - the one at the moment I think is maybelline or collection 2000. It's really good but the pen runs out quite soon x

      Delete
  6. Stylish as always ! I'm not on holidays for another week or two. Do you have much holiday homework? :) xx
    http://typedinstyle.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. luckily I have none! I have finished school so they can't give me any more...hehe not until college anyway!

      Delete
  7. amazing outfit once again, I don't think I can get enough of your style, its beautiful!

    http://www.sarahprowse.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing outfit and beautiful pictures! xx Inés
    www.riotsandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cropped tie shirts are my favourite things! Love yours x

    rubys-eyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This outfit is so inspiring, you just look so cool! And I really love your shoes.

    onacruz blog

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡