do you remember how sweet it used to be

Monday 11 August 2014


It is so weird trying to write scheduled posts. I go away to France tonight but by the time you read this I will be long gone, and buried deep in the green countryside of north-west France (that is, unless we get lost and end up in Germany...that did actually happen to my parents once). Right now I've just finished a really awesome day working with the lovely ladies at Motel and helping out with their vintage pop up shop (which I hope you went to...it was so lovely!) I am half packed and have four episodes of Orange is the New Black left that I am determined to watch until the channel tunnel blocks out my internet access. I'm not a big series-watcher but you have to admit, OITNB is addictive. I'm also trying something new in France this year as I want to try and go without my phone (and therefore social media) for the whole two weeks. I'm thinking of it as a sort of 'internet detox'. I love keeping this blog but after a while the constant pressure to update so many different websites can get quite tiring, so I am looking forward to a little break from it all for a while.




 This outfit was from a lovely pre-holiday day out to get our nails done in the morning, have lunch and see Matilda on stage. I loved Roald Dahl as a child and so it was really nostalgic to see one of my favourite books of his adapted for the stage. It was a really good production, and has made me want to go to the theatre more often. I wore my new skirt from Pop Boutique, with a white shirt from blitz, a white vest that belonged to my Mum, a bag from Rokit and shoes and socks from Topshop. It was one of those outfits you just feel comfortable in...I loved floating around in the skirt and felt very vintage in the sense that I'm sure my Nan would have worn a similar outfit when she was a teenager too. I also loved layering the white-on-white...I'd never really considered it before but I loved the effect.





I may or may not have matched my glasses to the skirt. I love matching a pair of glasses to my outfit, and it really helps encourage me to actually wear them and not wander about in the sort of blurry haze that is my regular eyesight. I am determined to carrying on growing my collection of vintage frames...you never know, one day I might have one pair for every day of the week.



NOTE: This post was scheduled before I left, and now I am on holiday and so will answer all emails, reply to all comments, and update properly when I am back in England! I hope you are all having a great summer!


24 comments:

  1. Gorgeous outfit, the blouse is so pretty! :D
    also congrats on your feature in Company magazine :) an amazing achievement!

    www.violetdaffodils.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice outfit! The vest and shirt make an adorable combination xx

    racheldarkbloom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful skirt ellie :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of those tops together. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh have fun in France! (And scheduled posts are really hard to write!)

    http://lescarousels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your cute schoolgirl look - the shirt is so delicate and beautiful <3
    have a fantastic time in france!

    cute weirdoland - pigeongray.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your style, and your hair colour is just gorgeous too! H xx

    www.hopesgone.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your skirt! Hope you had a lovely time in France and well done on the Company article! :D

    www.rachelsfashionpatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look gorgeous as always Ellie xx

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw you in Company magazine and just had to come and check out your blog. Love this outfit! The skirt and glasses are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute pictures, cute vintage outfit. I love the blouse!

    trendofdays.blogspot.co.uk
    @trendofdays
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. "OITNB is addictive" to say the least! Don't you just love Alex's voice?! Downright sexy. And Maritza's jawbones <3 Now seriously I love those series.
    You look lovely, as usual, and I wish you the best of times in France, away from the social network :) I respect you so much for wanting to travel without letting Instagram stand in your way through the whole journey <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you have a nice trip! I love this layered school girl look.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your skirt :)

    http://www.theartofvintagerevival.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. The bag is absolutely beautiful x

    rubys-eyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved your story about ending up in Germany- ''Woops, wrong country!''
    http://criticallycouture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely Ellie <3

    Xx
    Love From France where you are ,
    Lorna

    Http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your idea of layering white on white, definitely adds a little twist! You look super lovely and I loved your part in Company magazine this month :)

    je-suisalice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh gosh I adore all of your collared shirts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this look so much. I look forward to seeing updates once you get back. When you see this, I hope you really enjoyed your internet detox. I could probably use one when I get a break. That probably won't happen until Thanksgiving though (towards the end of November).

    Theatricality by Mariah

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful !
    I love this outfit !

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡