the edge of seventeen

Friday 31 October 2014



I know I only posted yesterday but I'm going to forget to post these until next year or something if I don't put them up now. Also, I hope to have lots of new posts from Halloween tonight and my birthday tomorrow (eep - I am currently on the edge of seventeen and feeling like Stevie Nicks). I can't quite get over the whole 'seventeen' thing - it sounds way too old for my short and odd little self.
Anyway, a few weeks ago I went to Swanage for the weekend, as my family has recently rediscovered the Dorset coast and so tend to try and get down there for a little holiday as often as possible. I also am ridiculously obsessed with coastal towns - I love the British seaside and all it's shabby, windswept promenades, candy-floss smelling piers and noisy arcades. The Dorset coastline is a somewhat calmer and more peaceful coastline compared to the busy-ness of somewhere like Brighton, but I think that's what I like about it most. I spent the time strolling along the beach, eating in cute seaside cafés, and doing the obligatory charity-shop crawl (you just have to take advantage of how much cheaper they are outside of London!)






I wore my new favourite shirt from Beyond Retro that I am quite literally obsessed with, with a skirt from American Apparel, coat from Topshop and my usual Deichmann shoes and Rokit bag. I also braved red lipstick again (which I love but continue to get all over my face/teeth when I wear it out).






Swanage itself was really pretty - we stayed in a hotel that looked like a sort of castle, and had the cutest grounds and a greenhouse. There was also a good charity shop which had jumpers and roll-neck tops for £2, and a second hand bookshop I spent about three hours in. We also found a café on an old train carriage, which sold the most amazing cake (as you can imagine we went back on the second day we were there as well).




Sorry for the quick little post, I will improve (I have so much film to develop you have no idea). Have a good weekend and a awesome Halloween tonight...I am dressing up as Wayne from Wayne's World so I'm sure it will be an entertaining evening!



20 comments:

  1. Lovely photo, I love your style. And Happy Birthday for tomorrow!

    ANIKA MILLER // UK FASHION & STYLE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swanage looks beautiful- and the cake look delicious.
    You look awesome- happy birthday for tomorrow. 17 was the best year of my life so you will definatly enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top is so lovely and colourful! Happy 17th for tomorrow too :)

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely! Have a great birthday tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love that coat!! And I turned seventeen a few months ago and totally didn't want to! I don't know, it just seems so old... but happy early birthday <3

    niamh / niamhsdream.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! and yeah it really does, hard to come to terms with! xx

      Delete
  6. You look amazing, love your personal style and the red lipstick really adds a finishing touch...happy birthday!x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/saatchi-saatchi-ootd.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sooooo I to Paisley this season so really crushing on your shirt! And the. Is of texture with the denim skirt and teddy bear coat is right up my street right now, bottle green is gorge and it's like getting a giant cuddle in the coat all day long (can't wait to see you Halloween costume btw) ���� curiousaliceloves.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou and omg same, it is just the best print!! xoxox

      Delete
  8. lovely pictures!! those colours look amazing on you!

    thewatercolourjar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you have a lovely birthday!
    - F - www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely post. It looks like you had such an amazing time. I hope you have a wonderful birthday! Like Jodie said above, 17 was the best year of my life. It's really the best age to be so I hope you have the best year ever!

    And as for feeling too old, wait until you get to 26! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou very much! I hope so, I'm looking forward to it! x

      Delete
  11. Sweetheart, puh-leeze don't try to 'fit-in' withe passing world - they'll use you to abuse you; try to fit-in withe eternal-God-in-Heaven who made YOU and loves YOU with a passion - precisely what I'm trying to do because this earth is only a testing ground, then eternity, either Up -or- down according to OUR free-will-choices. Looky here…

    Precisely why I had our ‘philanthropic + epiphany’ (= so much to give + vision): wanna see a perfectly cognizant, fully-spectacular, Son-ripened-Heaven?? … yet, I’m not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like: meet this advanced, bombastic, ex-mortal Upstairs for the most extra-groovy-paradox, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué, eternal-wild-adventure you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal. Cya soon, girl…

    PS And, yes, I’ll pray everyday for you because I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡