I'd give up city life

Friday 30 January 2015


I have been in such a good mood recently. For some reason the January blues haven't really hit me this year...I've been too busy slightly panicking about schoolwork, aggressive journalling and spending almost all of my free time dancing around my bedroom to cheesy 80s music. I've started getting in to the routine of work on a Saturday, and have finally started working on my art properly (ok the deadline has already passed but still).  Not much else has happened really since my last post...I bought an ankle length camel-coloured coat which I can't wait to wear, discovered my slightly obsessive love for Gustav Klimt and wandered back and forth from snappy snaps with a silly amount of partly destroyed film. I've liked this January so far.





These photos are from a few Saturdays ago. I usually dress up a little smarter than usual for work, as I get to wear the jewellery we sell so it's nice to wear something I can match cool pieces to. If I catch a lift in the morning and I'm early I can sometimes take some pictures before I start, like these ones. I wore a Rokit jumper and backpack, Beyond Retro skirt and belt, and River Island coat. I've been meaning to (and will) take this skirt up to make a cute little 60s mini skirt, but I just haven't had the chance yet! I've added it to my growing pile of things I want to alter, so you never know I might attempt to sort it out soon...who knows?







In other news, I have been using a roll of film on my Zenit for the last few weeks but managed to get it all caught up inside my camera plus expose almost the whole thing while trying to fix it. After removing it in the cellar aka my makeshift darkroom and taking round to snappy snaps in an old tin that once stored my green tea I was certain nothing would come out at all but somehow I got seven pictures back, which is an achievement considering how many things I managed to do wrong in the process. The first was from Ed's Diner with Opi and Hollie, and the rest are from taking my little puppy for her first walk in the park. I kind of love the way you never know what film will come out like - there's something so exciting about finding a real gem of a photo (like the one above) as you can never guarantee any will come out the way you imagined they would.






^ Some January journal pages. I've been trying to journal more just as it really helps me with art...I tend to make collages with magazines / pictures from tumblr and write up playlists I've been listening to on 8tracks.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

27 comments:

  1. This post is absolutely lovely. The pictures are so dreamlike!
    xx Inés

    www.riotsandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit and journal Ellie! Your coat and skirt look lovely together, and collaging songs and inspirations together is a great idea- I really need to start my own journal soon too!

    Emma xo // Wallflower Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Journal pages are beaut <3 I have so many skirts and dresses I've bought with the intention of altering to a more 60s style but haven't got round to it either! Love your film photos x

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your journal pages and the film photos! :)

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the journal pages. The photographs are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely outfit!

    Alice | www.whatalicewore.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your skirt and coat and your journal pages are perfection! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your outfits Ellie, your lifestyle has inspired me since i found your blog one day by chance! :)
    Judy http://alicesafternoontea.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color scheme in your outfit, and your dog is adorable!
    ~Sophia
    http://plaidismyfavouritecolour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am forever in love with this coat, and my god I have the exact same problem with the pile of skirts to alter that I can never seem to get around to doing!! your puppy is the sweetest, and I love your journal pages. xxx

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your style is amazing, along with your blog! I don't think I've ever been so interested in reading someones posts...

    infinity of fashion// Lucy Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! I really appreciate it! x

      Delete
  12. You look absolutely stunning, love the 60s skirt.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, blaring 80s tunes... Sounds like fun! Love the journaling that you've shared; art journals must be so nice to keep and look back on!

    Claire // Technicolour Dreamer // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! yeah I just really enjoy having something to keep and look back on to remember really small and insignificant things as well as major events too <3 xx

      Delete
  14. Is 80s music back in?... I'm finally cool again :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love your blog! your hair and outfits are amazing. you're an inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your journal, so inspirational, wish I had the patience to make one myself! Also the playlists are really good, I love so many of those songs :)

    melissaknottstyle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that camel coat! Also, I just started shooting on 35mm and my number one fear is rewinding the film... I don't want to mess it up!!

    xx Alyssa
    Visionsofnyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡