and here we are hand in hand now

Sunday 15 March 2015


Sunday evenings always seem to go on forever, almost as if time slows down just to let you endure the weight of the week ahead that little bit longer. This Sunday has been a relaxing one, as Mother's Day meant a cosy family catch-up and lunch out, and I have a school trip tomorrow  so I don't have to worry about work and lessons for one more day at least.
The last week has been slow and peaceful - the aftermath of crazy deadlines has been relaxing, and has given me time to catch up with friends, get some art done, and generally attempt to sort my life out ahead of the craziness of the upcoming exam & revision season that's heading my way.






I wore a very 'me' outfit today, which made a nice change as college recently has reduced my wardrobe to comfy jumpers and loose patterned trousers as I just haven't had enough time to put proper outfits together. I wore my leopard print top and new shirt from Beyond Retro, with a skirt from Urban Outfitters and my favourite mustard platforms from The Whitepepper. I also wore my little fox necklace from Ladybird Likes for the first time - foxes have always been my spirit animal (we have the same colour hair) and so I couldn't resist buying this little one when I saw them for sale.






 The bracelet is from Hirst Antiques, and was my present from my mum for my sixteenth birthday. I am seriously loving wearing jewellery at the moment - I think being able to dress up in it all day on a Saturday has made all other outfits feel incomplete without some crazy earrings or loads of necklaces and rings. For some reason, I like my jewellery to have meaning - all of my rings are from different people, either my mum's from when she was my age, a present my best friend bought me from a market in China, a black onyx one from work that I wore for my cousin's wedding, or a teeny heart ring a lady at an antique market gave me for free. I think it's probably to do with my obsession with memories. Who knows.


Anyway, on Tuesday after college I hopped on the tube and met up with Mona in Brick Lane, which was such a lovely way to spend an evening. We have been trying to meet up for ages, and finally managed to pull it off. It felt so nice being out with another like soul, wandering around one of my favourite places, drinking hazelnut lattes in cute cafés, taking photos and enjoying the unusually moderate temperature and rainless sky.





We spent the unfortunately very short (if only I didn't have college!) time exploring shops, discovering we have very similar music taste, and trying on crazy patterned outfits in Beyond Retro. In retrospect, we should have organised a little shoot if we had had more time! It was lovely though, and reminded me that you really can get a lot done in one day if you put your mind to it.




I wore a jersey dress from Topshop over a cream top with layered pendants from The Astrology Shop in Covent Garden, scarf from Blitz, coat from Etsy and bag from Rokit. The 'Birth of Venus' socks are from Topshop, and made me unbelievably excited to finally own them (I've been trying to get my hands on a pair of art socks for what feels like years).






I took some film photos, and Mona took photos too so I'm sure more will be on this page over the next week or so (as usual I have loads I need to get developed. I've taken to carrying a disposable/film camera around with me 24/7 so literally live in snappy snaps).
Hope you have a good week!

33 comments:

  1. I'm too in love with The Whitepepper shoes, these mustard ones are just perfect!

    www.thestylecheck.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I know I am absolutely obsessed - they are so comfortable too! x

      Delete
  2. love all the trinkets and charms with your outfits, and as usual the colours look fantastic
    and it's good to see the photos from your visit to Brick Lane too! xx

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The afternoon looked like so much fun, so jealous of you living near the big city. Also I love that leopard roll neck top! H xx

    www.hopesgone.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! hehe I do love some leopard print...<3

      Delete
  4. I adore your bracelet and necklace and your shoes are so cool,I've been meaning to get a pair! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always meet up the with the coolest blogger babes. I'm green with envy, man. My heart melted a bit when you mentioned the significance in all your jewelry. I love that. There's something 'more' to an outfit when there's sentiment behind it.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! ah I'm so pleased you understand - lots of people don't get my thing for meanings and memories!! <3 <3

      Delete
  6. Those shoes and the skirt are to die for! I love this whole outfit! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that little fox! When I got film developed in Snappy Snaps it always came out way over contrast and awful looking, so I always go to Tesco for them these days (I've dealt with some incredibly rude and useless staff in Boots).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! and ooh that is really useful information actually - I've heard good things about tesco as they do it for free, but at the moment I am quite loyal to my local snappy snaps as they have helped me through many a camera-related problem haha! <3 xx

      Delete
  8. That is such a lovely look! I love everything about it, especially your hairstyle and skirt. Lovely post as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab outfit, love the print mix up! xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. the fox necklace is so Wes Andersonian!! the socks are rad too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Serious wardrobe envy whilst reading your posts! I love all the patterns :)

    www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your style so much, this outfit is so stunning <3 xx

    www.monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love your style, so unique! xo

    thewatercolourjar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely love your dog necklace. And those mermaid socks are AMAZING! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute look! I love your style <3

    The Quirky Queer

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful look,i really love your blog, it's all so inspiring!!!!
    vivendoentreaspas.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey there! just wanted to stop and say how much I adore this outfit. I too am a fan of mixing loud patterns, and i'm glad to know i'm not alone (my friends don't understand my need to wear several prints at once-- the struggle)

    <3kuo

    http://hellokuo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! and ah you wear them anyway girl, i bet you look great! x

      Delete
  18. Love your outfits!!!! And you hair looks more beautiful than ever! and the dog is pure love!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the fox necklace! :) It is super cute <3 Gisforgingers xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡