London Fashion Week A/W16 Day 1 - Steven Tai, Three Floor & Edeline Lee

Saturday 20 February 2016


An evening spent at the launch of the Fashion Utopias exhibition on Thursday night left me on a high and got me up early ready for the first official day of the A/W16 season. Fashion week is always exciting in the mornings - you feel so productive, seeing shows and travelling around the city all before lunchtime. I started my day at the Elms Lesters Painting Rooms, which I found with the help of the lovely Esohe of Stylierge, who pointed me in the right direction and was super lovely to me as we were both there alone. It's so lovely meeting new people at events - you immediately have something in common as you both work or are interested in fashion. 






We started off the day with the Steven Tai presentation - on a set layered with retro carpets and clashing floral wallpaper, models embroidering cloth and swaying on rocking chairs, you couldn't help but be reminded of your grandmother's house, or similar place. The whole concept of becoming your mother really shone through, and in a very stylish way - instead of appearing old-fashioned, the collection brought to mind rifling through your mother's wardrobe as a child, fascinated by the gems it contained. Colours were muted and light, reminding you of crisp sunny mornings in Autumn.




We then saw the Three Floor presentation, an extravaganza of layered lace, revealing sheer fabrics, tight concertina pleats, ombre tights and Alice In Wonderland 'Queen of Hearts' style lipstick. Colours were warm and dark with the occasional brighter pop of red, mimicking and blending in with the wintery flora decorating the set.
After the presentations I headed to the main space on Brewer Street, where I went on a wild goose chase trying to track down my press pass (I eventually gave up and decided to pick it up on Sunday) and bumped into Georgia and Olivia, who I had met at the National Portrait Gallery: Vogue100 launch a few weeks back. It was so nice to see some friendly faces. I then headed off to the Vinyl Factory for the Edeline Lee presentation, which featured amazing structured and outlined monochrome and an interesting update on your typical suit, as well as feminine florals.






I also bumped into Jamie, a friend of a friend or two - we accidentally matched outfits with the sex shop opposite the show space, and ended up having lots of photos taken of us outside it. His instagram is pretty much the best thing I follow so definitely have a look if you aren't following already!
I wore my outfit from The Whitepepper, consisting of cropped wide-leg dungarees, and graphic blue knit jumper. I wore a necklace from Tatty Devine, vintage belt and bag, with Monki socks and shoes. Apologies for the poor quality photos - I had some street style shots taken but haven't had time to compile them for this post so they will follow later.










Overall I had such a good day - running around London, camera on shoulder, portable phone charger in hand...I don't think I'll ever stop loving the buzz of fashion week. It's so worth a visit if you haven't been before.
Have a lovely weekend and I will be back with a post from Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I'm also doing some backstage work this season which will be exciting, and a whole new venture for me, so look out for a frazzled redhead running around Brewer Street if you do pop down to Soho over the weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Love these photos and your outfit as always!
    xx Alyssa
    visionsofnyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both presentations look absolutely amazing as do you! I adore your outfit as usual! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  3. your outfit is so damn lovely! so wonderful to see you in your bunting necklace too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much!!! and ahh so pleased you liked it! xxx

      Delete
  4. I love the vintage setting of Steven Tai's presentation and your description of it; plus, I wouldn't mind having a job where I could sit on a rocker doing embroidery :+)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡