Television dreams of tomorrow

Sunday 2 June 2013


Hello again. I have had literally the craziest week, and am finally sitting in front of my laptop and able to show you what I've been up to. This week has been half term, and so I've been off from school (yay). I spent the first few days in my pyjamas, desperately trying to finish some long overdue artwork and various other schoolwork I have been meaning to do for about three years. On wednesday I met up with my school friends and went to Camden, where we took a few pictures and I did a little shopping (mainly american sweets from cyber candy...come on, where else can you get strawberry freddo frogs?!) Then on thursday, I met up with the amazingly dressed and super cool Sinead of Peppermint Whiskers. We looked pretty rad in our flower crowns, and as you can imagine attracted a few slightly confused looks from the less interestingly dressed people of Brick Lane.
 

 
Sinead is really awesome and so lovely, and as you can tell from these pictures her fashion sense is A*. If you aren't following her blog you are seriously missing out.
 
 
 
We thought we'd broken the rough trade photobooth because our picture wouldn't print, but it turned out it was just stuck on the way down. Also notice how I hadn't read the instructions and so was reading them in the first photo. oops.
 

 
Beyond Retro photobooth...hell yeah http://beyondretro.com/en/photobooth_cheshire
 
 
Picking out next seasons trends. Don't lie, you want that shirt.
 
 
I seem to have a problem with smiling and so end up grimacing in 99% of photos. The sofa is super cute though. (this & above photo taken by Sinead)
 
 
 
Presents from Sinead...we did a little in-person gift swap, and I got the cutest handmade collar, earrings and hairclips (will be in my next outfit post) a little heart cushion, CD & handwritten lyrics and a gorgeous illustration to name but a few of the lovely things she got me. It felt like christmas!
 
 
I ordered two little pins from the Etsy shop hoodratroughdiamond, and they came really quick and in the cutest envelope. I suggest you check the shop out!
 
 
 
Arrived home last night to a lovely letter from my new penpal Maija of The Sequined World. She is so lovely and wrote me the sweetest letter, and sent me a cute little hairclip and some bindis, both of which I am in love with and I'm sure will be seen lots in future posts.
second photo featuring lyrics by Sinead, pink bow and bindis from Maija, Green Day tickets, red clip, hair bow, cushion, card, feather, candles and balloon from Sinead.
 
 
 
 
Maija also sent me a Zine that bloggers from Galway publish every few months. It is so awesome and like a little magazine full of amazing fashion and photos...I absolutely love it, so much inspiration!
 


On Friday I went to my cousin's wedding, which was such a lovely day and went so well. The bride looked absolutely stunning in a 50s-ish white dress with a red netting underskirt, and they even had a pork pie wedding cake (pictured above). I also love the second picture of me and my cousin's girlfriend Dru, who is awesome and looked like a prom queen.
 
 
 
 
They had a little photobooth in the corner of the venue of the wedding reception, and so I ended up with these pictures which I love. I had an awesome evening, the highlight being dancing to Modern Love with the best man, fondly nicknamed auntie Jamie.
On saturday I saw Green Day at the Emirates Stadium...they were absolutely incredible, and let's just say I danced way too much and definitely should have gone to bed earlier, as today I woke up at half past two in the afternoon. So worth it for such a crazy week.
Remember to check out Sinead's blog >here< and Maija's blog >here<, and please remember to follow me on bloglovin by clicking the link in my sidebar. Thanks!
 
ellie xo
 
(p.s....200 followers! I can't believe it. Thankyou so much to each and every one of you, it really means so much to me.)

35 comments:

  1. Such a cool post and looks like you had a fun week!!! I spent my holiday sleeping and dancing bare foot in the grass!!!
    Hollie xx
    (Pweasy pwease check out my blog: Alittleprickly.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! Sure thing xx

      Delete
    2. OH MY GOSH! Thank you soooooo much for following me! It means so much!!!!
      Hollie xx

      Delete
  2. you love in muswell hill?! flippin eck its a small world

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh it seems you had wonderful time! i envy you!
    you both look amazing girls! <33

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are all so lovely! You and sinead are clearly THE QUEENS OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. really loving your photos of london which make me miss that amazing city so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah London is amazing, I love it here!xx

      Delete
  6. It looks like you had SO much fun, I am jealous! Also, I love your new blog design! Perfect. :)

    photographyintherain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was really awesome! Thankyou so much <3 xx

      Delete
  7. I adore both of your Flower crowns they are AMAZING, and I'm so glad you liked your letter/package/thing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I absolutely loved it! <3 xx

      Delete
  8. hey, just stumbled across your blog, and it's so cool! love your retro style (even if you think it's too much hahaha)
    http://www.thisisanja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You two are basically perfect. That is all.

    Melissa
    http://wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like so much fun, oh my god. I'm going to Camden with some friends once exams are over so I will look back at this post for ideas of things to do. I love your flower crowns. You're so lucky to get all those little presents! :O xx

    http://thechicmuse000.blogspot.co.uk
    http://sophiewilsonsbooks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Thankyou and I know, everyone had been so generous! X

      Delete
  11. It's seems a funny time!! And you have an amazing style girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah this looks like a fun week. Thrifting with stylish friends is always fun. Also, love the presents from Sinead, esp. that drawing--so cute! I like all the photobooth pics; I'm obsessed with photobooths XD. :) This post makes me antsy for this weekend when I don't have to work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? She's so talented! Thanks for the lovely comment hehe ^_^

      Delete
  13. lovely photos! you and your friends are so adorable :3

    xoxo

    [http://cattpaws.blogspot.com/]

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post, really enjoyed reading it...looks like you've been very busy, but having lots of fun :) I've never heard of a pork pie wedding cake, that is really different! One of my cousin's married a women who came off a farm and they had a cow shaped wedding cake and she had dried beans in her hair (in a classy way) lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so awesome!! I love quirky weddings ^_^ xx

      Delete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡