the distant echo of faraway voices boarding faraway trains

Friday 12 July 2013

 
 
Last weekend I went away on a girls weekend to Brighton to celebrate my auntie's birthday, which resulted (as usual) in a trawl through the north laines and all the beautiful vintage and antique stores. I found this shirt and skirt on a £5 rail, and just had to have them both because as you may or may not know I am obsessed with the colour red at the moment. I felt like I should have been wearing them with rollerskates and serving huge milkshakes in an american diner.
 
 
 
What must my neighbours think; they look out of their window only to see a girl spinning around on the spot taking pictures of herself with a tripod. Totally normal.
 
 
 
Petra Collins' Schools Out photo diary for Rookie is just so perfect. I wish we had such a fun last day at my school (also I want a seniors shirt even though I'm not a senior)
 
 
 
 
Another photograph from Rookie. I love the illustrations, and the girl's dress reminded me a little of my shirt.
 
 
This post ended up a lot shorter than I intended, but I'm sure I'll be back with my disposable film from Brighton after the weekend. Also my head should be sorted out by then and I might be able to think straight, instead of fumbling around like a dazed and confused child like I have been the past week. I blame stress and lack of sleep, haha.
Hope you're having a good summer!
 
ellie xo
 


30 comments:

  1. Rookie is the best <3 that skirt is so cute ah <3 I'm not allowed to go thrift shopping :/ The houses where I live are literally back to back with like, 10 feet of space in between. And there are large sliding doors so everyone can see me awkwardly posing and running back and forth between my tripod from their kitchen and it's soo awkward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thankyou, and yeah it can be a bit awkward but you know, oh well! Xx

      Delete
  2. These are so lovely!! you are adorable and so is your outfit. <33

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute outfit - such a bargain too! I love your garden by the way - it's so pretty!! :)
    Rachael x
    Rachaeleeno | Beauty, Fashion & Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with what you said about rookie, it's amazing!
    I love you're outfit too, it's so cute!

    Saffie xoxox
    http://saffacakies.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG you look stunning in these photos and your outfit is gorgeous <3 ahhh the colours are so nice
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really do look like you've walked out of an American diner! You look lovely! xx

    myfashionlabyrinth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty outfit and pictures! I love your skirt.

    Blue Roses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog and your style Ellie! Thanks for commenting on mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This oufits is so lovely!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful! <3

    [pigeongray.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love your outfits<3

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love red too! i've been wearing red lipstick nonstop lately. great outfit it was a nice find!

    instead of an elephant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and ooh got to love a bit of red lipstick hehe xx

      Delete
  13. I absolutely love high waisted skirts! And your hair color is so pretty. :)
    http://rhinestonemoon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look absolutely adorable, that outfit is to die for!! I've been wanting a seniors shirt so badly since I first watched Dazed & Confused last week, and I'm totally not a senior either haha! xx

    ultraspectacular.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡