still into you

Monday 30 September 2013

 
 
I had a half day on Thursday, and so after getting sushi (favourite lunch ever) I went to Camden with a few of my friends and had my first ever bubble tea, which was really weird but really nice at the same time...it's like iced tea with little bubbles of flavoured juice at the bottom, though you can get chewy bubbles as well (but they were kind of slimy). I then had a day off on Friday, and after geography, art homework, cycling and baking cakes with my friends I went to see Paramore at Wembley arena. I discovered them back in 2008/09 when I was a huge fan of the Twilight series (they have two songs, decode and I caught myself on the first film's soundtrack) and since then have been a religious follower of everything they have done. I  love their light-hearted yet punk vibe and I would genuinely give my right arm to be Hayley Williams. She is my ultimate idol, although I love the whole band (my friend once pretended she had got Taylor York (the guitarist) to write me a birthday card). They're a pretty cool bunch and along with being fantastic musicians, have a great set of moral values - think vegetarian, vegan, anti-sexism and all that jazz. I have been waiting to see them for forever, and so I went full out and even wore my glasses to go in (despite having poor eyesight I never wear my glasses even though it would make my life 100 times easier).
 
 
 
 
 
 
I wore my pink granny glasses from Camden Market, Beyond Retro shirt and belt, Urban Outfitters silver crop top and socks, Rokit shorts, and boots from Brighton. All of my jewellery is second-hand from my mum (although the necklace is from Urban Outfitters). Despite looking slightly old-womanish I was pretty comfortable and was perfectly able to jump and dance all over the place, as I tend to do quite frequently at concerts. I was surprised by how laid-back everyone was - walking in, I didn't feel at all judged or intimidated by fellow fans as I have done at past concerts (seriously, at Green Day I could FEEL the eyes burning into my back) instead everyone was in really good spirits and seemed genuinely excited to see the show. On a side note, Paramore have some seriously well-dressed fans, and it was with great restraint (and the lack of my good camera) that I didn't ask everyone for photographs of what they were wearing.
 
 
 
 
(all images from punktastic)
The concert itself was absolutely phenomenal - they seemed to put absolutely 110% into their performance; running, jumping and dancing along whilst playing, and still managing to sound even better than on record. Hayley's vocals were insane, and I was completely blown away by her ability to belt out hit after hit with so much power and feeling, whilst really moving around and dancing like the rest of us. I was out of breath and hoarse after about three songs in, but they carried on for a good two hours at least. The two supporting acts (pictured below) were also really good...Eliza and the Bear came out first, and they played such a fantastic set it didn't matter that we didn't really know any of their music. They really got the crowd going and were by far the best supporting act I have seen for any band or artist. Charli XCX came on after them, and although she did put on a good show, her set sort of fell on deaf ears. We weren't sure who she was until she came out with 'I don't care' halfway through the set, at which point everyone sat up and started paying attention again. I liked her music and I can't fault her talent or performance, I just think it was a shame she didn't start with the song that we all knew. There is something so great about seeing a band live - nothing beats singing along to your favourite songs with the people that wrote them. I think all three acts were really good, and I had an amazing evening. (Well worth the four year wait to see them!)
 
 
 
I hope you are all having a good week! You can find out more about Paramore here, Eliza and the Bear here, and Charli XCX here. (Check them all out, they're fabulous!)
 
ellie xo

44 comments:

  1. You look a bit like Tavi Gevinson! Great blog

    -Laura
    www.thefoxtrails.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg thankyou! That is the best compliment I have ever received omg <3 x

      Delete
  2. I love Paramore! I'm so jealous of you, I would have loved to gone!
    Nice outfit too :)
    Alice x
    missalicethecamel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! I love your crop vest & top. The concert sounds like a lot of fun, I always enjoy a good show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou and yeah it was really awesome :) x

      Delete
  4. Ahhh lucky you! I'd love to see Paramore again i saw them 3 years ago and Hayley was AMAZING she's a little goddess xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love you layering, p.s i am a secret fan of paramore
    www.theprofashional1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! and hehe don't keep it a secret ;) x

      Delete
  6. Omg omg omg omfg! Youre a Paramore fan! I've been a fan for about 4 years. Wow omg I thought you couldn't get any cooler wow! And you went to the show with Charli XCX playing! Im not allowed to go to the concert when they come here in NZ :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thankyou! and that sucks...I hope you get to see them :( <3

      Delete
  7. Woow they seem awesome! I've never heard of bubble tea before, not sure if the slimy part appeals to me haha, but I totally agree - sushi is the bestxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its weird but worth a try...and it totally is!xx

      Delete
  8. I love a good concert. so far I have only been to teeny bopper concerts, which are fun but not exactly hipster. Lol.
    http://rhinestonemoon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha I'm not exactly hipster either :) we can make a club

      Delete
  9. You look really cute, ellie! x
    www.riotsandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. O cannot believe you saw Paramore. You are so lucky!
    I'm from Portugal and they only came here ONCE, and I wasn't even abble to go. From these photos it seems like it was pretty awesome.

    And by the way, you're reall cute. You're style reminds me of the Rookie Mag spirit.

    kisses
    Carina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much...yeah they really were fantastic, hope you get to see them some day! Xx

      Delete
  11. you look gorg, totally see the Tavi resemblance! jealous of you seeing Paramore, a friend of a friend did the whole UK tour! xo

    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah you look amazing again! and i love love sushi too it's my life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! We should start a sushi appreciation society ^_^ xx

      Delete
  13. Your shoes are amazing - love them!! I've seen Paramore live twice - they're great!
    Rachael x
    Rachaeleeno | Beauty, Fashion & Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw Paramore at Leeds festival and I agree with you, Hayley Williams especially has a great stage presence. She's just so lively haha! I like your blouse, it really goes well with your hair colour. You look wonderful!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your glasses! And your style as well xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. perf perf your outfit is sooo perf ahhh im dying

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely outfit and I'm glad you had fun, it looks brilliant! xxxx

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore your outfit. You look gorgeous in those glasses! :') I'm glad that you had such a fab time at the concert xoxo

    http://prettypassionsfinefashions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my god just discovered your blog, we have such similar music taste I love greenday and Paramore! I live in London too! Really like your glasses and your hair!

    www.lexilikes.com

    -Lexi xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yay we're twins!! & thankyou :)

      Delete
    2. Yay hehe would you mind checking out my blog?

      www.lexilikes.com

      thanks so much -Lexi xo

      Delete
  20. hallo lovely! i just found yr blog from rookie and let me just say i would be so honored if you would check out mine. im 13 but i look like 10 :) http://andloveinmyheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg thanks. this literally made my day. fangirling 2 the max(and so glad i finally figured out how to follow you)

      xoxox liza

      Delete
    2. Haha! Thankyou so much :) xx

      Delete
  21. You looked stunning :)


    You have a lovely blog out there.. Following you via GFC, would love if you visit my blog and if you like can follow me too :-)

    www.sanasramblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely outfit, those glasses look so darn cool on you too.

    Imogen
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡