that's magic in a cheetah print coat

Saturday 14 September 2013

 
Hello again. I suppose I better start with an apology for not posting in a week - for some unknown reason I have suddenly become inundated with homework from all of my lessons which has eaten up all of my free time (especially since it took my friend and I about four hours to do one biology exam question because we were too busy trying to make temporary tattoo sleeves on ourselves with transfers). I am, however, not working right now and so thought it was a good opportunity to sit down and actually blog for once in my seemingly-but-not-actually busy life.



 
Last Saturday I discovered Cha Cha Cha Vintage whilst walking through a small local fair that was going on, and couldn't help popping back this morning to arrange a little photoshoot for this blog. I instantly fell in love with the huge collection of dresses, skirts, shoes, and retro memorabilia which decorates the shop's interior, and ended up buying the cutest 80's patchwork skirt and some postcards for my wall/journal (I haven't decided what I want to do with them yet). Everything was very well priced and in perfect condition, and it was only with great restraint that I only walked away with one piece of clothing (if money was no obstacle I would have purchased the entire shop). The owner was so lovely too, and didn't mind me pottering about in the background taking odd pictures every now and again.
 
 
 
 
If you are ever around the muswell hill area, I totally recommend you check out Cha Cha Cha, simply as it is just so retro and fabulous and is like stepping into a time capsule. I'll leave their links at the end of this post.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I got the cutest patchwork denim skirt and two postcards. I will never say no to a bit of 80's style and I've been wanting a denim skirt for ages, so this is the perfect combination.
After my trip to Cha Cha Cha, I went on a bit of a charity shop crawl and spent a good half hour or so buying £3 shirts and the like, before heading off shopping in Soho, Oxford Street and Covent Garden. I needed to get a few bits for my geography field trip on monday (aka I needed toothpaste) and managed to persuade my parents to drive me down to central London for the afternoon. I had a good shop in Beyond Retro and Rokit, and managed to get some really gorgeous things that I will photograph and show you all later in the week. We then stopped in my favourite café in Berwick Street. It has the biggest selection of herbal teas, and they're all laid out for you to smell them before you decide which one you'd like to have.
 
(painting on a wall that I liked)
 
(stairs in the café...I loved the colours. So 70s and autumnal)
 
(the choice of tea is incredible...I had a Jasmine and Ginger White Tea, and am intent on trying as many as humanly possible)
 
 
I hope you are all having a good weekend...I'm off on a field trip to Surrey on monday (queue 34 disposable photos of me looking cold) but will be back (I mean it this time!) with another post before the week is out.
 
ellie xo
 
CHECK OUT CHA CHA CHA VINTAGE: Twitter: @chachachavintag, Facebook: Cha Cha Cha Vintage.


34 comments:

  1. Im crying, these clothes look to damn beautiful, your so lucky you got to shop there.
    unicornskill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pockets in your skirt are so cool! And that store has sooo many sweaterz, from what i saw in your pictures. So jealous!
    http://rhinestonemoon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah they have loads, it's awesome!x

      Delete
  3. awww looks like amazing day, things you bought are so unique!
    i must say, i love finding hidden street art like this painting on the wall - and we have many of them in warsaw, some are really awesome~


    pigeongray.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Street art is one of my favourite types of art...I'd love to go to Warsaw!xxx

      Delete
  4. I love how you find all these awesome items! And the details of street art are really good, I love going to London and seeing things like thisxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This shop looks amazing! I wish I had a vintage shop like this where I live, you're very lucky!

    -Beth
    http://peachsquashsunday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that place looks gorgeous, I would love to go! Where is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is! It's on avenue mews, in muswell hill? Like sort of north London x

      Delete
  7. Looks like the perfect day! I love your skirt. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds amazing, the phots are gorgeous too, that skirt is fab too.
    Imogen <3
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live in South London but cha cha vintage looks worth the trip! I have friends in Highgate so could take them with me! X

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so lovely!!<3 These are great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photos always make we want to go vintage shopping with you! That store looks amazing, gorgeous photos <3

    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thankyou so much! You never know, might have to do a shopping trip one day hehe! <3

      Delete
  12. My friend is going to London in a month or so and she wants to know where the best thrift shops/vintage/second hand places are. Any tips? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camden market, brick lane, soho (Berwick street and around there) <3

      Delete
  13. i adore these photos! that is the store of my dreams!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thankyou so much! I love all the prints and patterns too...they just don't make them like they used to! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. ugh that store looks amazing beam me there now pls

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love vintage shops, this one looks so cute! And uhh I'd love to try all of them different teas. :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely isn't it!? And same, I'd love to try them all as well! X

      Delete
  17. Ellie your blog is beautiful wow I am so jealous why wasn't I following you earlier wowowowowowowowowowow x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡