and I've been putting out fire with gasoline

Friday 11 October 2013

 
Happy Friday lovelies! Before I start rattling on, let's all just take a moment to appreciate the fact that this is my second post of the week...crazy right?! Maybe I am getting better at posting after all. Anyway, on Sunday my parents and I took a lovely afternoon trip down to Brick Lane to get some bits and bobs and grab a coffee somewhere. The weather was absolutely gorgeous for once, and as us English get a little over-excited at the rare occurrence of a sunny day, there were even ice cream vans out. It was also incredibly busy as Sunday is the day of the Sunday Up market on Brick Lane, which means stalls of food, games on the street, an indoor market...the list goes on. It's by far my favourite day to visit, and I got a good few things for school and upcoming birthdays and the like. 
 
 
 
 
 
I wore my cut-off dungarees from Beyond Retro, shoes from Rokit, shirt from the east end thrift store (it worked out to cost me less than £1!) and socks and bag from Topshop. My necklace is from Urban Outfitters. The bracelet I'm wearing is from Hirst Antiques, which I wrote about in this post. I love bangles and felt this one added just enough of an edge to my outfit without being too attention-grabbing.
 
 
 
(collage I saw on a wall...I wish I knew who the artist was)
 
 
 
 
 
 
(beautiful magazines. I like to treat myself to one every now and again....on this occasion I bought a copy of Excess (It is so perfect, each shoot is like a dream) though I have been known to opt for Oh Comely, Lionheart, Nylon etc.)
 
(street art I liked...acknowledge that I had to take this picture out of a car window. The things I do)
 
 
 
 

I'm going to be Bridesmaid at my cousin's wedding tomorrow, which is both equally exciting and slightly daunting...I am supposed to be having my hair and makeup done professionally, which will be a totally new experience as I usually like to do it myself and the way I like it. I'm excited though, as the artist did the hair and makeup at the wedding I went to in April and it looked amazing, so fingers crossed it will turn out just as nice on me! I'm sure I'll get some photos for this here blog so you'll be able to judge for yourselves.
Have a lovely weekend,

ellie xo

19 comments:

  1. I love your outfit!!! All of these pictures are wonderful and it seems like it was a lovely day.

    <333

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah you look awesome! great photos, although these dolls creep me out : O

    pigeongray.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they're scary right?! And thankyou :) x

      Delete
  3. Lovely post. You look so good with your hair up! -Lexi xo

    www.lexilikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw I love these posts, you always go to the best places in London - need to visit that magazine shop! you look gorgeous too, such a cute outfit x

    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so adorbz, i really enjoyed this post great photos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great pics and a nice outfit! :)
    Love
    Tabea

    http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful images looked like you had a lovely time! Your outfit is adorable it really suites you thanks for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dungarees are awesome! Brick lane looks brilliant too, I'd love to visit on one of these daysxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Yeah it's fantastic down there :) x

      Delete
  9. You seem to do such exciting stuff on the weekends! I'll have to try and get to Brick Lane some Sunday soon. Love the shoes :) xx

    http://rollerskag.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thanks! you totally should, it's great! <3 xx

      Delete
  10. that is such a great outfit I am also really loving the graffiti behind you it looks so cool! x

    www.whenhippiesruledtheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i keep hearing about this magical Brick Lane, curse the several thousand kilometers that seperate me from it!!!!
    i love your overalls.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡