can I take the time to ask you to speak your mind?

Sunday 20 October 2013













































I had a day off of school on Thursday, and so ran a few errands around the broadway before coming back home for lunch and geography coursework...how exciting. I actually don't mind geography, I love travel journalism and I find it pretty interesting if I'm honest. The coursework is a bit of a downer though, as I have to get it done as soon as possible, on top of revision for my mock exams next month, and my textiles coursework. I don't really think my school planned everything out that well but hey, one more year and I can do just the subjects I actually like. I can't wait. Anyway, I wore my big fluffy jumper from Brighton, which I absolutely adore. It makes me feel like a huge marshmallow...on the topic of which, Sainsbury's make sugar-free marshmallows, which are absolutely amazing and better than the originals. Just saying. I wore my shorts from rokit, belt from beyond retro, and shoes from topshop.



 


I absolutely adored the Pink Lady shoot with Cara Delevingne in the September issue of vogue...there's something so classic about pink, especially in lighter, neutral shades, that comes across as very sophisticated and classy, something not commonly associated with the colour worn by little girls and Barbie dolls. Its resurgence this year in the form of oversized coats and jackets has had me a little nervous though...I don't want it's new-found fame to cause it to become something worn by everyone just because it's 'in'. I hate the thought that people will begin to judge the wearer of a pink item as a wannabe, just wearing it to try and look fashionable, similar to the way the army jacket became something of a status symbol for people wanting to fit into a certain style but not quite getting it right. I'm still going to be wearing my pastel things in my wardrobe but I just hope not everyone else will be, too. I'm not trying to be 'original' or 'indie' (I despise the idea of always trying to be different...mainstream is great sometimes too) but I just want to be able to continue wearing pink in all forms without being judged for it, that's all.
I thought I may as well post a few more photos from the wedding last Saturday - I know I've already shown you some of them, but they look better all together. I can't wait to see the actual pictures from the day...the photographer is so lovely and super talented so I'm excited to see what she's done.













The cake (courtesy of the amazing Coco's Cakes) was amazing. Each tier was a different flavour; the
top was chocolate, the middle vanilla, and the bottom ferrero rocher, all smothered in a green and black's chocolate icing with sugar paste roses. There were also little cookie monster cupcakes...which each had an oreo cookie embedded in the sponge (a bit like a sandwich.) The whole day was absolutely perfect...worth the months of planning I think.

ellie xo

29 comments:

  1. that sweater looks absolutely marvelous! almost like cotton candy (candy floss?)

    no matter how wonderful that sweater was, i regret reading this post because i am now incredibly hungry at the sight of those cakes.

    xoxo liza teenagefeline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I love cotton candy so much omg

      Delete
  2. the jumper looks so so cozy and the wedding looks perfect! I love pinks and pastels, and I think sometimes things are mainstream for a reason y'know? (somethings so nice/good/cool that everyone loves it!)

    your outfits never fail to impress me Ellie! xxx

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you're right...like Levi 501s are in again because they're just so fabulous <3
      Thankyou so much! Xx

      Delete
    2. I just realised that my comment makes me look like I was disagreeing with you aha,but I also agree with the whole dislike of themainstream thing though, like I wanted a green parka for so long last year but because everyone had one I was determined not to cave in and follow the crowd! It's so annoying when something so nice becomes so common, it's so frustrating! It always makes me laugh when I see a group of say 5 teenage girls walking through my town (brighton) all looking exactly the same - dip dyed hair, skater skirts, parkas, crop tops and nikes! Individual is a lot better:-) xx

      Delete
    3. Oh no I didn't think you were disagreeing! I liked your point! :) xxxx

      Delete
  3. The cupcakes and the cake look so delicious! And I absolutely love your hair! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I get what your saying, everyone and his dog has an army jacket now and the whole character of them is sort of ruined now.
    Okay your jumper is beautiful, I want to touch it!! This is such a sweet outfit, I guess the pastel trend is sort of a thing now, but I still think your outfit is more interesting than that, with the big squishy shape of your jumper and the mix of pale colours and darker stuff.
    I like your shoes from the wedding, are they like flatforms?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah like I don't really want to wear mine anymore because of it!
      Thankyou so much, and yeah they're like suede flatforms from urban outfitters :) xx

      Delete
  5. the cakes sound amazing and love your hair too. the pink jumper really suits you :) that and the glasses make me think of molly ringwald xx
    The Frill Seeker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! and aw yay she is such a queen <3

      Delete
  6. you look gorgeous! I love your jumper <3

    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't stand my geography teacher so dropped that as soon as I possibly could, shame as I really liked the subject - hope the cw isn't too painful! the cake looks bloody amazing too xx (Rebecca - UK Style Blogger)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! And yeah that is such a shame...teachers can really make or break a subject I think <3

      Delete
  8. Your outfit is wonderful and you look fabulous at the wedding :') I know what you mean about the pink thing but I think that pink is a colour that people will either like to wear or not like to wear whether it's on trend or not. I also think that the army jacket thing was more precipitated by tumblr etc. The good thing is that I am now glad about my 12 year old decision to have a pink colour scheme in my bedroom! I too loved the Vogue shoot. Another great post, Ellie xoxoxo

    http://prettypassionsfinefashions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much Sophie! Ah I wish my room was pink....and yeah tumblr played a massive role in what happened with the army jacket. Weird isn't it how something can become kind of taboo in fashion :')

      Delete
  9. I love your fuzzy sweater!! I love pink, too. it is my favorite color these days.
    You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. eeehh you're so pretty, i totally love your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That jumper so unbelievably cosy,I honestly don't know without jumpers,especially since its getting so cold! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it really is! Gotta have a cosy jumper for winter <3

      Delete
  12. Pink is one of my favorite colors. I have this purely delightful butterfly dress a dancer owned before. Your fuzzy sweater is gorge too.Like an angora bunny! Do you have a link for the Cara Delevingne shoot? I'd love to see it myself.
    http://rhinestonemoon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The shoot itself isn't available online but you can download it from vogue.com, It's from the September issue :) it's called 'pink lady.' Hope this helps! Xx

      Delete
  13. Holy shit you are a right beaut! Gimme your hair?! Love love this outfit <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡