hey moon, please forget to fall down

Wednesday 16 October 2013

 
 
After almost two years of drills, injections, wires, plastics, elastics, lasers and like I am finally BRACE-FREE. That's right. No more metal. No more lisp. No more awkward food situations. I feel like a free woman...with a very free mouth (seriously there is so much more ROOM). It was even more surreal as I had to go down to Harley Street to get them off, which meant a day off school and a trip down to Maxwell's for dinner to celebrate. I've had horrible teeth all of my life and so this was the first time I had ever seen myself with straight teeth...at first I kind of freaked out because all I could see in the mirror was these two huge front teeth glaring back at me, but I think I'm starting to get used to it now. I can't stop smiling, it's insane.
 
 

 
 
 
My parents and I went to Maxwell's for dinner to celebrate, which was absolutely incredible. I had a veggie burger (even though I'm not vegetarian) and have decided I have to go back for my birthday meal out. Seriously, one of the best restaurants in Covent Garden...great service, great music, really amazing food.
 
 

As you know I was bridesmaid for my Cousin on Saturday. It was the most gorgeous wedding and everything went so well...even the sun came out, which is a pretty rare thing in England to be honest. The earrings I wore were from Hirst Antiques, and I absolutely ADORE them. They're so art deco and I think I'm going to be wearing them non-stop from now on.

ellie xo

28 comments:

  1. this is too cute and that very berry ice cream looks great !

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH you look so pretty!!!! <3 <3 <3
    congratulations on getting them off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg so happy for you! you look gorgeous at the wedding. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow congratulations! you look splendid xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so pretty Ellie and you have such a cute smile :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations, you look amazing! the wedding looks lovely and so does the food - I HAVE to visit there sometime! xxxxx

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! you really should, it's fantastic! <3

      Delete
  7. Cool blog!!!! I like your style: ) I greet and I invite you to my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a pretty smile! I'm going into year four with my retainer :( Before one of my two front teeth almost completely covered the other. Pretty terrible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! my front ones were like that once too :P and yeah I've got six months with a full time retainer ahead of me byt you know, it'll totally be worth it :)

      Delete
  9. You're gorgeous! Congratulations on getting your braces off! (I remember when I used to cry every week in 6th grade because I wanted braces...I don't know why I was so obsessed with getting them, especially when no one I knew wanted them.) -Britney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Britney! And I did that with glasses...I begged my mum for an eye test when I was little because I wanted glasses so bad :') x

      Delete
  10. i'm getting braces in december- my dad has promised to get me a big bag of gummy bears the day before.


    you are soooo pretty! and that food looks delish

    xoxo liza teenagefeline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw that's so sweet of him! enjoy them while you still can!
      thankyou <3

      Delete
  11. You have such a pretty smile,it must feel great to have you braces off! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! it's really weird but so fun <3

      Delete
  12. you are so pretty!

    following you now, follow me back maybe?

    www.heymarsya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What better way to celebrate your first day without retainers than to have a good ol’ berry ice cream? You look like a movie star, and your writing got me smiling myself, especially when you said that there is so much room in your mouth now compared to when you have braces. I hope to read more from you. Good day!

    Shannon Barrett@ BestCareDentalCenter.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡