how can you say I go about things the wrong way

Sunday 17 November 2013





Hello folks. I have fully accepted that summer is no longer with us, and have decided to embrace autumn instead of refuse to believe it's here again already. I had a pretty amazing summer, and have actually had a great start to this academic year, so instead of rekindling last autumn's doom-and-gloom mentality I have decided to really get into the spirit of fall and enjoy it while it lasts. Autumn used to be my absolute favourite season, and I'm starting to remember why...the crisp mornings, colourful leaves, hot chocolates and cinnamon tea...what could possibly be more cosy and comforting? 
My mock exams begin tomorrow (help me) and so I've spent the majority of this weekend holed up in my house, desperately trying to teach myself the difference between the intermolecular forces in a giant ionic structure and a giant covalent structure (I suck at chemistry). I did, however, go on a spontaneous outing to homebase on saturday evening to buy a frame for my art coursework...and somehow also ended up with a 99p houseplant and an orange orla kiely lookalike tray. Right.
I made a break for it today by going out on a morning walk across the heath, which was heavenly as I love being outside and it was a reason to dress up in autumnal colours and wear my new coat, which is the warmest thing and makes me feel like a bear. It's fake fur guys, don't worry I made 100% sure.












 Coat-Vintage market in Oxford // Shirt- Absolute vintage in Brick lane // Skirt - Vintage market in Oxford // Socks - Topshop // Boots - Rokit 












I'm really fascinated by nature at the moment - for some reason, natural textures, patterns and colours are really appealing to me. I kind of regret starting my art project on pop art / illustration, as I think I could actually have produced much better work on the theme of nature. I'm probably just going to work on it independently and use it in my portfolio for college...something I really should begin making, considering college interviews are coming up in the next few months.







We took a quick stop in the cutest little cafe, and I had the most amazing hot chocolate in the entire world...also my first since like, January. It's been too long.
































(new plant, Opium perfume which feels autumnal for some reason)



(new plant, memory palace exhibition book, reindeer antler from lapland (they shed them don't worry, I haven't massacred any animals), owlet apple juice bottle)

































































(above previous: Tracy Emin photo album, Rookie yearbook 2)

So that's my little update out of the way...I hope you all understand if I don't post as frequently this week as my exams might take up a lot of my time, but I'll try and keep this blog as up to date as possible as and when I can.
Also, I have two very exciting things coming up....my very first blogiversary (I have no idea how you spell that) is coming up on the 22nd of November, which is the anniversary of my very first post. Crazy how much can change in just one year. I'm also coming up to 400 followers (which is incredible and I love each and every one of you) and so to celebrate them both am planning a fantastic GIVEAWAY! I did one when I hit 100 followers, and so thought it might be nice to do it again.
love and hugs

ellie xo

35 comments:

  1. The pictures of nature really capture the autumn spirit and the fur coat is really fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie you just seem to touch anything and make it amazing, wow. Everything is just so interesting on your blog and wow I'm not really sure what else to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow thankyou so much! you are so lovely...just made my day! <3

      Delete
  3. I'm wondering, did you watch Breathless? Elements of this outfit really remind me of the show's aesthetic, which was heavenly. Anyway, lovely post and a massive cup of good luck for this week!
    xx
    http://rollerskag.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so so much! (I'm gonna need that luck hehe!) Ooh I haven't seen it, will have to give it a watch!x

      Delete
  4. The outfit and backdrop are sooo gorgeous, and so are you :)

    aclassystateofgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful:) I love your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these photos, the setting is beautiful. The fur coat is absolutely beautiful and i love the print on your skirt!

    Imogen <3
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photography here is amazing! I would love to fully embrace autumn, but before I even had time to think about doing that, winter arrived in Chicago. This all occurred to me when I heard Christmas songs on the radio yesterday and I pretty much broke down from realizing how quickly time passes.

    ~Kanyinsola,
    velveteenstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! my dad is a pretty rad photographer! <3
      and I know how you feel...it scares me when time goes by so fast!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Ibe you are my idol and queen forever and ever <3

      Delete
  9. I LOVE your coat! Autumn is great - any excuse for drinking excessive amounts of hot chocolates and mochas! xx

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow beautiful outfit and I like your new plant and tray! haha

    www.lexilikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. venus in furs <3 you're so pretty!

    weirdoland - pigeongray.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like how much you care about animals :) People who always make dumb jokes about killing animals are so annoying. And that antler from Lapland! so cool. I used to have an old cow skull (sometimes when a cow naturally dies, or by accident, the farmer will keep the skull). It was really cool and ''old west-y''. I wish I still had it! Good luck in your exams.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look amazing that coat is INCREDIBLE, also the Heath really does look heavenly! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that your autumnal color palette carries all the way through this post. Also appreciate your Smiths lyrics title. <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! and hehe I'm literally just addicted to morrissey's voice at the moment<3

      Delete
  15. aaah how perfect are you? OBSESSED with that coat, looks so warm x

    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. The photos look very mystical.. like a little foggy and thats just amazing. The fur coat must be warm as hell so I'm really jealous of that!
    Chamomile Dealer

    ReplyDelete
  17. I got really really excited because I understood the reference in the title (all aboard Leoni's tragedy train haha)
    also your coat is really wowee :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I do like to use a smith's song lyric every now and again ;)

      Delete
  18. Your coat looks so fluffy and warm! I love all of the colours in your outfit, it all seems to match the rest of the photographs perfectly haha. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. your new coat looks absolutely gorgeous! love the pics of you and the tree in the park <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just wanted to say that I love your blog, your pictures are beautiful, and your style is so fantastic!! I especially love the coat in this post (reminds me a bit of Margot Tenenbaum) Your title is really cool too, the Smiths are kind of the coolest ever :) Happy bloggeversiry as well!!

    lilliputianlilac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡