you're about as fatale as an after-dinner mint

Saturday 23 November 2013


Hello again! I had to take a break from maths revision earlier and so escaped to Hampstead for a little trip to pick up some bits and bobs for my art exam on Friday. I love nipping out for afternoon walks around in autumn, especially if I can get a nice hot drink somewhere too. It was also an excuse to wear my faux fur coat again, which I am still 100% in love with. I pretend I'm margot tenenbaum, even though it's a different colour to hers. I spend quite a lot of my time pretending I'm in a Wes Anderson movie anyway so it doesn't really make that much of a change. 


Coat: market in Oxford // Shirt, Shorts and Shoes: Rokit // Tights: H&M // Socks: Topshop

There was a gorgeous antique stall set up in Flask Walk, and I ended up spending ages looking at all the cute patterned plates and china. I kind of wanted to buy it all but then I realised I don't have my own house, so buying plates isn't really necessary since we already have loads (just wait until I move out heh). I love antiques so much as I always wonder who owned each item and what they were like. We stopped by the heath on our way back and took a few more quick photos as I kind of matched the colours of the leaves and trees. I am obsessed with wearing greens and browns at the moment...it's like an addiction. Seriously.

On a completely separate note, I watched the 1972 film Cabaret last night. I went to see the play in Oxford a few weekends ago, and was enthralled by the symbolism and poignancy behind it's burlesque, over-sexualised imagery. It is a fantastically accurate film when it comes to what was going on in pre-second world war Berlin, and really gave you a new perspective on the situation at the time, as you rarely hear of Hitler's clamp down on artistic forms such as Cabaret. The film was directed by Bob Fosse, whose choreography I absolutely adore, and stars Liza Minnelli as leading lady Sally Bowles. The costumes were amazing too. It's a great musical with some great songs and obviously great dance routines, but it's the relevance behind its satire that really makes it such an amazing piece of artwork. It also features the title of this post, which I have decided is the best insult ever. Definitely worth a watch.































I hope you all have a good week...I've got one more exam and then I should be back to posting a little less erratically (we can only hope). I'm also going to Clothes Show Live again this year, so there should be a good few posts coming up in the future. I'm also going to start getting things together for my 400 follower GIVEAWAY that's going to be happening soon!
love

ellie xo

16 comments:

  1. Love the last picture, you look gorgeous!!

    aclassystateofgrace.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit is lovely,and good luck on your exam,revising is literally the worst thing ever! x

    http://dandyrank.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfit is gorgeous. Cabaret sounds like a fantastic film. I'll add it to my to watch list :) good luck with your exam! xoxo

    http://prettypassionsfinefashions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. London seems like such a great place to live...much better than the suburbs of L.A. haha ps I love your outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is really awesome...I'd love to go to LA though!

      Delete
  5. Lovely outfits, Who doesn't love margot Tanenbaum?? Just love your coat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always a beautiful post and good luck on your upcoming exams c:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched Cabaret at in my high school history class. I was quite surprised by the underlying messages of the theme (having previously dismissed the film as just another musical). I wish I knew a bit more about history now! It would have been fantastic to see live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really was good to see...such a great way to learn about history hehe!

      Delete
  8. This is my favourite outfit of yours, you gorgeous thing! Your hair! I love Cabaret, I played in the band for a three month production of it, so I got to watch an amazing cast do it 8 nights a week for three months, then I had to spend a year recovering before I could love it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! wow that is incredible...how amazing to be a part of something like that!

      Delete
  9. i like to pretend im in a wes anderson movie all the time!!!! wow you're awesome. also: i am violently jealous of your faux-fur coat

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡