under the iron bridge we kissed, and although I ended up with sore lips

Thursday 14 November 2013








Hello again...wow it feels so good to be posting this. It feels like forever since I've been able to sit down properly and blog (well I'm actually standing up right now but whatever). My mock exams start next week (eek) and I have finally hit that part of my school life where it is actually necessary to work...hence my slightly erratic blogging patterns and permanently panicked tone. I have been trying to revise as best I can but it's so hard to fit it all in on top of coursework, and college visits...which are conveniently all at the same time as my exams. Fabulous. Anyway, my family and I managed to make a quick getaway to Oxford last weekend to see the play Cabaret...which although centered around the topic of sex and promiscuity in pre-war Berlin was actually incredibly moving and relevant. We stayed in a really nice B&B and I managed to take a few pictures of this slightly weird but wonderful jacket I have...I got it way back last april but haven't had the chance to photograph it properly for you guys. It didn't stay on long though as I was absolutely freezing and instead opted for the warmth and comfort of my new fur coat (there is a photo of it further down in this post). I'm wearing a jacket and shoes from Rokit, belt from Beyond Retro and dress from a vintage market in Oxford.









































Oxford itself was lovely, especially since we stumbled across an amazing vintage fair taking place in the town hall. It was completely packed but I managed to find some really great pieces, including the most amazing faux fur coat which I bagged for at least half of the price of a normal winter jacket. I've been a bit of an animal rights activist since I was little and so buying and wearing it did kind of clash with my morals a bit, but at the end of the day it is second hand faux fur, so not a single animal would have been harmed in its production. We also found a cute covered market and an Alice in Wonderland themed shop, as Lewis Carroll allegedly came up with the idea for the story whilst rowing in Oxford. I bought the tiniest jar of strawberry jam and, as the cool person that I am, am waiting for the perfect morning to enjoy it on some hot toast.























































I also got some film from Halloween developed, and before we all get too christmassy I thought I may as well show you my last-minute chucky outfit. My birthday was the day after halloween and so I stayed up at my friends house, dancing to abba and s-club 7, until midnight, when we celebrated with an amazingly creative tomato cake (my friends scavenged in the kitchen and managed to find a tomato vine and candles...best cake ever in my opinion).









































Ah. I can finally relax a little now knowing I've updated you all a little...as always, I have more posts on the way, but I will warn in advance that with my exams it might be next week before I get to show you them. Thanks for sticking around!

ellie x

21 comments:

  1. Love love your outfit! Your denim jacket is unbelievably cool and your tights add something quirky.

    Imogen x
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. this outfit is adorable as usual! that denim jacket is so cute and unique, suits you and this outfit perfectly <3
    http://www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your jacket is just so perfect! It's like the coolest denim jacket I've seen yet. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! I found it in Rokit and literally pounced on it :') x

      Delete
  4. looove your dress, tights and coat, you look fab <3
    weirdoland - pigeongray.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. agh lovely pictures from halloween! and your coat is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your outfit and that faux fur coat is so wonderful :~)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit is amazing - especially those lucky vintage finds and the crazy cool jacket! I go to Oxford quite often, so I'll have to try and scope out this vintage goodness sometime. Good luck with your mocks and college apps, I've just started to realise how much work it all is! Xxx
    http://rollerskag.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your outfits! I need to pick up my act in thrifting haha.
    I feel your pain for studying for exams, I've just finished all my university end of semester assessments and freedom is sweet. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! ah wow you are so lucky, I can't wait to be free again!

      Delete
  9. everything about you is unbelievably amazing, I wish I could be as good of a thrifter as you are I know this might sound odd but I don't have any thrift shops in my town, bummer , tho i do have ebay, but it's never as good as the whole experience

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou so much! you are so lovely omg....and come to london! there's tonnes here! <3

      Delete
  10. Aww you look amazing in all of these photos. I really love them

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for your comment! I read each and every one and will try to answer any questions or queries as quick as I can ♡♡♡